- Mash The Gas: California Preview
- Stewart, Schatz And Larson Go Dirt Racing
- Wayne Taylor Racing Tops 12 Hours of Sebring
- Andretti Still At Home Behind The Wheel
- Rebellion Returns, On Pole At Sebring
- Sebring Photo Album
- Mash The Gas: Phoenix Preview
- Corvette’s Gavin Previews Mobil 1 12 Hours Of Sebring
- Sebring Preview
- Fast Eddie On The Road
Second Annual Jason Leffler Memorial Race
- Updated: August 25, 2014
Wayne County, Ill. – Wayne County Speedway is pleased to announce the second annual Jason Leffler Memorial race sponsored by Great Clips on Tuesday, August 26th at 7 PM. The event is one of the largest purses for a POWRi midget race with a $10,000 payout to the winner. 100% of the front entrance will go to the Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Fund. Among a host of notable racers, current World of Outlaws champion Daryn Pittman and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver JJ Yeley have committed to compete in the event. The event will air on MAVTV at a later date.
Track owner Doug Stringer, a Mcleansboro, Ill. resident and former owner of Akins Motorsports, decided to run this event after the tragic passing of his long-time friend one year ago. Leffler left behind a son, Charlie Dean.
“I am proud to host the second annual Jason Leffler Memorial race,” says Stringer. “This race is my way to honor Jason who was a great competitor, a great friend and an amazing father to Charlie Dean. As we continue to celebrate Jason’s life, it’s important that we keep Charlie Dean in our thoughts and do everything we can to ensure he grows up knowing how truly remarkable his father was and how much he was respected as both a driver and a friend. Making sure Charlie Dean has everything in life Jason would have wanted him to have is a priority for many of us.”
The Tuesday night event will be preceded by a dinner and silent auction on Monday night at 7PM at Stringer’s home residence in McLeansboro. Entertainment will be provided by Country Music Independent Entertainer of the Year award winner Ryan Daniel.
All proceeds and donations will go to the Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Fund.
Stringer’s company, Stringer Holdings, manages the NASCAR, World of Outlaws and POWRi race sponsorships for Great Clips. Leffler represented the world’s largest salon brand in the NASCAR Nationwide Series from 2006-2011. As a tribute to him, Great Clips is proudly serving as title sponsor of the Jason Leffler Memorial race.
Stringer expects an impressive showing with the entry list growing every day and welcomes racers from all over the country to come to come out and have a great race in honor a fellow racer.
For more information, visit www.racewaynecountyspeedway.com
Latest posts by RacingNation Crew (see all)
- Stewart, Schatz And Larson Go Dirt Racing - March 20, 2017
- Andretti Still At Home Behind The Wheel - March 18, 2017
- Motorsports Minute: Chase Elliott - March 15, 2017
- Corvette’s Gavin Previews Mobil 1 12 Hours Of Sebring - March 15, 2017
- Parente Opens PWC GT Title Defense With Victory At St. Petersburg - March 11, 2017