- Mash The Gas: Richmond Preview
- Thirty Days ‘Til Sunday
- IndyCar Phoenix Preview
- New The Race of Gentlemen Exhibit At Harley-Davidson Museum
- Fans Can Enjoy IMS Museum for Free during INDYCAR Grand Prix Weekend
- Shea Holbrook Ambitious 2017 PWC Effort
- Letter To Fernando
- Mash The Gas: Bristol Preview
- IndyCar Barber Motorsports Park Preview
- New York, New York… Autos Galore And More
Second Annual Jason Leffler Memorial Race
- Updated: August 25, 2014
Wayne County, Ill. – Wayne County Speedway is pleased to announce the second annual Jason Leffler Memorial race sponsored by Great Clips on Tuesday, August 26th at 7 PM. The event is one of the largest purses for a POWRi midget race with a $10,000 payout to the winner. 100% of the front entrance will go to the Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Fund. Among a host of notable racers, current World of Outlaws champion Daryn Pittman and NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver JJ Yeley have committed to compete in the event. The event will air on MAVTV at a later date.
Track owner Doug Stringer, a Mcleansboro, Ill. resident and former owner of Akins Motorsports, decided to run this event after the tragic passing of his long-time friend one year ago. Leffler left behind a son, Charlie Dean.
“I am proud to host the second annual Jason Leffler Memorial race,” says Stringer. “This race is my way to honor Jason who was a great competitor, a great friend and an amazing father to Charlie Dean. As we continue to celebrate Jason’s life, it’s important that we keep Charlie Dean in our thoughts and do everything we can to ensure he grows up knowing how truly remarkable his father was and how much he was respected as both a driver and a friend. Making sure Charlie Dean has everything in life Jason would have wanted him to have is a priority for many of us.”
The Tuesday night event will be preceded by a dinner and silent auction on Monday night at 7PM at Stringer’s home residence in McLeansboro. Entertainment will be provided by Country Music Independent Entertainer of the Year award winner Ryan Daniel.
All proceeds and donations will go to the Charlie Dean Leffler Discretionary Fund.
Stringer’s company, Stringer Holdings, manages the NASCAR, World of Outlaws and POWRi race sponsorships for Great Clips. Leffler represented the world’s largest salon brand in the NASCAR Nationwide Series from 2006-2011. As a tribute to him, Great Clips is proudly serving as title sponsor of the Jason Leffler Memorial race.
Stringer expects an impressive showing with the entry list growing every day and welcomes racers from all over the country to come to come out and have a great race in honor a fellow racer.
For more information, visit www.racewaynecountyspeedway.com
Latest posts by RacingNation Crew (see all)
- New The Race of Gentlemen Exhibit At Harley-Davidson Museum - April 27, 2017
- Fans Can Enjoy IMS Museum for Free during INDYCAR Grand Prix Weekend - April 26, 2017
- Shea Holbrook Ambitious 2017 PWC Effort - April 24, 2017
- Two-time F1 Champion Alonso To Compete In 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 12, 2017
- New Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves For 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 10, 2017