- Ode To Sebring
- Sauber F1 Team Launches C36 Challenger Online
- Haas F1 Team Announces 2017 Launch Date
- Lance Stroll On Joining Williams & F1 2017
- Cadillac Racing Ready For 2017 Pirelli World Challenge Season
- To Turbocharge, Or Not To Turbocharge, That Is The Question
- Haas F1 Team Hoping For More In 2017
- Rétromobile Underway In Paris And Ruote da Sogno Motorcycles Drew Crowds
- IHRA Palm Beach Preview
- MVM by GALOT Becomes Official Wheelie Bar Of PDRA
Rétromobile Underway In Paris And Ruote da Sogno Motorcycles Drew Crowds
- Updated: February 10, 2017
Ruote da Sogno’s MV bikes conquer Paris [(c) Studiobergonzini.com]
Paris, 9 FEB 2017 – the 42nd edition of Rétromobile opened yesterday at the Expo Porte de Versailles. The crowds were building from the early hours for a chance to experience the 2017 classic car show. In all, there were 500 exhibitors in attendance, 120 motoring clubs invited, 3 scheduled auctions, 45 artists displaying themed works of art and over 500 vehicles on show. Among the star attractions was the celebration of Ferrari’s 70th birthday, the “motos de France” collection, James Bond’s DB5, the series 62 Cadillac, Johnny Hallyday’s 1990 Harley Davidson Softail Spriger and the Italian Ruote da Sogno motorcycles. The Italian bikes were shown at the Villé Lumiere for the first time in Pavillon 1, Stand L109.
The display was formed of a 1972 MV Agusta 4C 750, a 1975 MV Agusta 750S America, a 1976 MV Meccanica Verghera, a 1974 Laverda 750 SFC, a Moto Guzzi V7 Sport, from 1971, a Guzzi Sport 14-500cc (1929), a super-rare 1952 Piaggio Vespa 125cc 6 Giorni, and a Benelli 4TS 500cc dating from 1939. All the examples were available for sale.
Flanking this fine selection was a distinguished range of Emilian cars: a 1976 Ferrari 308 GTB, the 1970 Fiat Dino Spider 2400, an Alfa Romeo Giulietta SS built in 1966, a 1961 Jaguar XK 150 DHC, a 1937 AC 16 Drophead Coupè and a Porsche 933 Carrera RS.
This 42nd edition of Rétromobile will also provide a useful barometer of the state of the market as there are three auctions taking place, organised by RM Sotheby’s (today at 18.00), Bonhams and Artcurial.
“We are really pleased at how the first day has gone. The profile of the visitors is high and made up of people in the know”, explained Patrizio Zaccarelli, Ruote da Sogno’s marketing consultant. “We welcomed and were praised by the president of the Automobile Club de France who expressed a personal interest in one of our exhibits. Let’s say that the dynamism and beauty of Italian bikes, along with James Bond’s DB5, is what is making us one of the most-visited stands. As for how the market as a whole is doing, I can state that here in Paris the figures are high. They are in line with the vehicles sold at MilanoClassica and the prices of our bikes and cars are lower than the auction reserve prices. This is why I think that the vehicles we are offering are among those that make the most commercial sense and this goes for investors as well as enthusiasts”.
The 42nd Rétromobile will be open from yesterday (8 February) to Sunday 12 February, from 9.00 until 19.00, except on Friday 10 February when the opening time will be extended to 22.00.
Ruote da Sogno is one of the main European operators in the classic motorcycle sector with a collection that numbers around 1,000. The company grew from the desire of businessman Stefano Aleotti, co-founder of Cellular Line and noted collector of classic cars and motorcyles, to satisfy the wishes of clients looking to own vehicles from their youth or to collect cars and motorcycles as an investment, bucking the negative trends that can affect the traditional financial and property markets. It is based in Reggio Emilia – in Via Daniele da Torricella, 29 – and boasts a display area of over 5,000 m².
Latest posts by RacingNation Crew (see all)
- Opportunistic Logano Claims Victory In Wild Clash At Daytona - February 20, 2017
- Lance Stroll On Joining Williams & F1 2017 - February 16, 2017
- Cadillac Racing Ready For 2017 Pirelli World Challenge Season - February 13, 2017
- Rétromobile Underway In Paris And Ruote da Sogno Motorcycles Drew Crowds - February 10, 2017
- Tony Stewart Racing Continues With Curb, New Relationship With Ford Performance - February 10, 2017