- AMS Resurfacing Project Put On Hold
- Formula E – Leading The Way For Electric Racing
- After String Of Seconds, Kyle Larson Captures Victory In Fontana
- Mash The Gas: California Preview
- Stewart, Schatz And Larson Go Dirt Racing
- Wayne Taylor Racing Tops 12 Hours of Sebring
- Andretti Still At Home Behind The Wheel
- Rebellion Returns, On Pole At Sebring
- Sebring Photo Album
- Mash The Gas: Phoenix Preview
Red Bull Indianapolis GP Date Set For August 7-9, 2015
- Updated: September 26, 2014
INDIANAPOLIS, Friday, Sept. 26, 2014 – The FIM MotoGP World Championship will return to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for an eighth consecutive year in 2015, as the Red Bull Indianapolis GP will take place Aug. 7-9.
The race is the 10th of 18 events on the 2015 MotoGP provisional calendar released today by FIM and Dorna Sports.
“We’re excited to continue our relationship with the MotoGP World Championship at ‘The Racing Capital of the World,'” said J. Douglas Boles, Indianapolis Motor Speedway president. “Our reconfigured road course received rave reviews from the world’s greatest riders, adding even more excitement to this unique, fun event that culminates the racing season at IMS.”
Spain’s Marc Marquez won the event in August, his 10th consecutive win in as many races to open the 2014 season. He continues to lead the points standings with five races remaining.
Marquez will defend his title next summer against competition expected to include seven-time MotoGP premier-class champion Valentino Rossi and Kentucky native Nicky Hayden. Riders in all three World Championship classes, including Moto2 and Moto3, will also compete with Race Day set for Sunday, Aug. 9.
IMS officials worked with series organizer Dorna Sports and worldwide governing body FIM last year to create a 16-turn, 2.591-mile circuit featuring exciting new turn configurations and braking zones, creating more passing opportunities. The entire infield section of the circuit was repaved, creating a more uniform, smooth racing surface.
Fans may apply now for 2015 Red Bull Indianapolis GP tickets. When tickets go on sale this fall, fans will have three quick, convenient methods to buy tickets:
Online: Visit www.ims.com/tickets. Tickets are available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Phone: Call 800-822-INDY or 317-492-6700 between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
In Person: Visit the IMS Ticket Office at the IMS Administration Building at the corner of Georgetown Road and 16th Street between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
Tickets for groups of 20 or more also are available. Contact the IMS Group Sales Department at 866-221-8775 for more information.
Information on parking and camping at IMS events is available at www.ims.com/tickets.
Latest posts by RacingNation Crew (see all)
- AMS Resurfacing Project Put On Hold - March 28, 2017
- After String Of Seconds, Kyle Larson Captures Victory In Fontana - March 26, 2017
- Stewart, Schatz And Larson Go Dirt Racing - March 20, 2017
- Andretti Still At Home Behind The Wheel - March 18, 2017
- Motorsports Minute: Chase Elliott - March 15, 2017