- AMS Resurfacing Project Put On Hold
- Formula E – Leading The Way For Electric Racing
- After String Of Seconds, Kyle Larson Captures Victory In Fontana
- Mash The Gas: California Preview
- Stewart, Schatz And Larson Go Dirt Racing
- Wayne Taylor Racing Tops 12 Hours of Sebring
- Andretti Still At Home Behind The Wheel
- Rebellion Returns, On Pole At Sebring
- Sebring Photo Album
- Mash The Gas: Phoenix Preview
Porsche Caymans Sweep Continental Tire Action At Watkins Glen
- Updated: July 2, 2016
By Joe Jennings
Watkins Glen, N. Y. – Immaculately-prepared Porsche Caymans dominated the IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge 150 competition at Watkins Glen International on Saturday afternoon, sweeping the podium finishes in the Grand Sport and Street Tuner classes.
Powering into the lead in the waning minutes, Cameron Cassels and Trent Hindman drove their Bodymotion Racing Porsche Cayman GT4 to victory, winning the 66-lap race by 1.1 seconds over Marc Miller and Daniel Burkett.
“This was by far our toughest race yet and it won’t get any easier, so we are going to have to minimize our mistakes,” Hindman said. “My guys put me into position and lapped traffic helped, too. We just managed ourselves better in traffic.”
Third place went to Tyler McQuarrie and Till Bechtolscheimer. The two runner-up machines were fielded by C. J. Wilson Racing. Wilson is an ace pitcher with the Los Angeles Angels.Spencer Pumpelly and Nick Galante earned top honors in the large ST class. They drove the Legistics/RS1/RickieFowler.com Porsche Cayman.
Second place went to Jason Rabe and Devin Jones and they were trailed by Matthew Dicken and Corey Lewis.
Latest posts by Joe Jennings (see all)
- Underdog Bourdais Scores Upset Victory In St. Petersburg - March 13, 2017
- Teenager Colton Herta Wins First-Ever Indy Lights Race - March 12, 2017
- Power Zooms To IndyCar Pole At St. Pete - March 12, 2017
- Verizon IndyCar Series Opens Season In St. Petersburg - March 11, 2017
- Andretti Remembered For His 1967 Daytona 500 Victory - March 1, 2017