- Mash The Gas: Richmond Preview
- Thirty Days ‘Til Sunday
- IndyCar Phoenix Preview
- New The Race of Gentlemen Exhibit At Harley-Davidson Museum
- Fans Can Enjoy IMS Museum for Free during INDYCAR Grand Prix Weekend
- Shea Holbrook Ambitious 2017 PWC Effort
- Letter To Fernando
- Mash The Gas: Bristol Preview
- IndyCar Barber Motorsports Park Preview
- New York, New York… Autos Galore And More
New Infield Camping At INDYCAR Grand Prix
- Updated: March 2, 2017
- Three-night infield camping to be offered for recreational vehicles and tents along the IMS infield road course at the INDYCAR Grand Prix for the first time.
- Fans and families can choose from a variety of locations offering great views of exciting Verizon IndyCar Series action.
- IMS President Doug Boles will camp with fans in the infield during the INDYCAR Grand Prix weekend this May, with Verizon IndyCar Series drivers also making surprise visits to campsites.
INDIANAPOLIS, Thursday, March 2, 2017 – Spectator camping for recreational vehicles and tents will be offered inside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway during the INDYCAR Grand Prix for the first time this May, providing fans with an unforgettable experience and spectacular viewing opportunities.
Camping will be available in a variety of prime spots adjacent to the infield portion of the road course for the Verizon IndyCar Series race May 12-13 at IMS. Prices for three-night camping Thursday, May 11, Friday, May 12 and Saturday, May 13 will be $125 per tent spot and range from $150-$300 for each RV spot. INDYCAR Grand Prix general admission tickets for Friday and Saturday also are required for all infield campers age 16 and over.
IMS President Doug Boles will celebrate the debut of this fan-friendly feature at the INDYCAR Grand Prix by camping in the infield for the entire event, visiting with fans and enjoying the wheel-to-wheel action that starts the Month of May at the Racing Capital of the World. Verizon IndyCar Series drivers also will make surprise visits to camping areas during the weekend.
Boles and Rahal Letterman Lanigan driver Graham Rahal announced the availability of camping for the INDYCAR Grand Prix during a special media event today in the IMS infield.
“Camping is an essential part of the race weekend for so many of our loyal fans, and we’re excited to introduce outstanding infield camping opportunities including spots for tents and RV’s during the INDYCAR Grand Prix,” Boles said. “Camping inside IMS is the perfect way to get as close to the action as possible while enjoying a great time with family and friends.
“I can’t wait to camp out and talk about racing and IMS with fans. It will be such a fun weekend.”
Tent camping will be available in two areas – the Woods Lot and Unser Lot – that will offer great views of portions of the first five turns of the road course.
RV camping will be available in the Balloon Lot inside the action-packed Turns 3 and 4 of the road course, the Museum Lot behind the IMS Hall of Fame Museum, providing a superb vantage point of the action in Turns 7, 8 and 9, and the Woods Lot and Unser Lot. RV camping will be on pavement in the Museum Lot, with recreational vehicles camping on grass in the other RV lots.
To view a map of the camping areas, click here .
Tickets and camping access for the INDYCAR Grand Prix can be purchased online at www.ims.com/tickets, via phone at 800-822-INDY or 317-492-6700 between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday or in person at the IMS Ticket Office at the IMS Administration Building, east of the 16th Street roundabout and outside Turn 1 of the oval, between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday. Children 15 and under are free to all IMS racing events in 2017 when accompanied by a ticket-purchasing adult.
Visit www.ims.com/tickets or email email@example.com for more information about camping during the INDYCAR Grand Prix.
Latest posts by RacingNation Crew (see all)
- New The Race of Gentlemen Exhibit At Harley-Davidson Museum - April 27, 2017
- Fans Can Enjoy IMS Museum for Free during INDYCAR Grand Prix Weekend - April 26, 2017
- Shea Holbrook Ambitious 2017 PWC Effort - April 24, 2017
- Two-time F1 Champion Alonso To Compete In 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 12, 2017
- New Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves For 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 10, 2017