- Mash The Gas: Richmond Preview
- Thirty Days ‘Til Sunday
- IndyCar Phoenix Preview
- New The Race of Gentlemen Exhibit At Harley-Davidson Museum
- Fans Can Enjoy IMS Museum for Free during INDYCAR Grand Prix Weekend
- Shea Holbrook Ambitious 2017 PWC Effort
- Letter To Fernando
- Mash The Gas: Bristol Preview
- IndyCar Barber Motorsports Park Preview
- New York, New York… Autos Galore And More
MOTOGP RETURNS TO INDIANAPOLIS WITH RECORDS ON THE LINE
- Updated: July 29, 2014
INDIANAPOLIS, July 29, 2014 — The eyes of the motorcycle racing world will be on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway next week as the Red Bull Indianapolis GP returns for a seventh year.
The Red Bull Indianapolis GP is the 10th round of the 2014 MotoGP World Championship, the most prestigious motorcycle road racing series in the world. On the 16-turn, 2.591-mile IMS road course that incorporates a portion of the famous 2.5-mile oval, Marc Marquez will be looking to continue a run to history.
The reigning world champion from Spain, 21 years old, is halfway to the first perfect season in the modern era of MotoGP. He has won the first nine events and a win at Indianapolis would continue his run of perfection as well as tie Australian legend Mick Doohan for the most consecutive wins (10) in a season in the modern era.
Marquez won at Indianapolis in 2011 and 2012 in the Moto2 class, and once again, Moto2 and Moto3 races will be contested over the weekend. Also racing is the AMA Pro Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson Series, featuring highly skilled riders on specially modified Harley-Davidson XR1200 motorcycles.
Fans will find plenty of action off the track as well, with concerts, XDL Street Jam, Red Bull Trials stunt performances by 10-time champion Geoff Aaron, shopping and interactive fun the entire weekend on the popular Moto Midway and the Vendor Marketplace sponsored by Westfield Powersports. On Friday night, the Riders For Health Charity Auction gives fans a chance to bid on prized memorabilia. Saturday evening’s Pit Walk allows fans to get an up-close look at the finely tuned million-dollar machinery of MotoGP. And after the gates close at IMS on Friday and Saturday, motorcycle enthusiasts are encouraged to attend Motorcycles on Meridian in downtown Indianapolis.
Latest posts by RacingNation Crew (see all)
- New The Race of Gentlemen Exhibit At Harley-Davidson Museum - April 27, 2017
- Fans Can Enjoy IMS Museum for Free during INDYCAR Grand Prix Weekend - April 26, 2017
- Shea Holbrook Ambitious 2017 PWC Effort - April 24, 2017
- Two-time F1 Champion Alonso To Compete In 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 12, 2017
- New Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves For 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 10, 2017