- Mash The Gas: Richmond Preview
- Thirty Days ‘Til Sunday
- IndyCar Phoenix Preview
- New The Race of Gentlemen Exhibit At Harley-Davidson Museum
- Fans Can Enjoy IMS Museum for Free during INDYCAR Grand Prix Weekend
- Shea Holbrook Ambitious 2017 PWC Effort
- Letter To Fernando
- Mash The Gas: Bristol Preview
- IndyCar Barber Motorsports Park Preview
- New York, New York… Autos Galore And More
MotoAmerica Coming To IMS for Red Bull Indianapolis GP Weekend
- Updated: July 27, 2015
INDIANAPOLIS, Monday, July 27, 2015 – MotoAmerica, the premier U.S.-based motorcycle road racing series, will race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as part of Red Bull Indianapolis GP weekend, Aug. 7-9.
The first-year series has featured great racing across multiple divisions and IMS will be the eighth stop in a nine-round schedule.
“We’re really pleased to be bringing our MotoAmerica Series to Indianapolis Motor Speedway,” said MotoAmerica president and three-time World Champion Wayne Rainey. “There is so much history there at the Speedway and it’s an honor that we get to be a part of that going forward. It’s also great to be sharing the weekend with MotoGP. We have a great relationship with (MotoGP rights holder) Dorna and it gives us a wonderful opportunity to showcase our series to an international audience.”
The premier class for the MotoAmerica Championship is Superbike, featuring a rules package based on a combination of AMA Superbike chassis and 2015 World Superbike Championship engine specifications. Racing alongside the Superbikes (but scored separately) is the Superstock 1000 class, closely aligned to FIM Superstock 1000 rules and run on slick tires.
Other classifications include Supersport, formerly known as AMA Daytona Sportbike, and Bazzaz Superstock 600, the former AMA Pro SuperSport class.
“The racing at the Red Bull Indianapolis GP is terrific every year and MotoAmerica will add even more great competition,” Indianapolis Motor Speedway president Doug Boles said. “MotoAmerica riders hail from all across the country and our fans might discover a new favorite rider over the weekend.”
Top manufacturers including BMW, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha are represented on the MotoAmerica grid and a mix of young, up-and-coming riders will battle veterans on the 16-turn, 2.591-mile IMS road course.
Roger Hayden, younger brother of 2006 MotoGP World Champion and current MotoGP competitor Nicky Hayden, will come up from his hometown of Owensboro, Kentucky, to battle in the Superbike division.
“I’m excited for Indy,” said Hayden, who rides for Yoshimura Suzuki. “And not just because of the history the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has, but to be racing the same weekend as my brother, Nicky. We will be racing close to home so there will be tons of family and friends there who have never seen me race before. I’m looking forward to racing in front of them and to get the chance to kiss the bricks, which is something I’ve always seen on TV, would be awesome. I hope to get to do that.”
2015 Ticket Information: Fans can buy tickets for the 2015 Red Bull Indianapolis GP and apply for tickets to the 2016 Indianapolis 500, Angie’s List Grand Prix of Indianapolis, Lilly Diabetes 250 and the Crown Royal Presents the “Your Hero’s Name Here” 400 at the Brickyard.
Fans have three quick, convenient methods to buy tickets:
• Online: Visit www.ims.com/tickets. Tickets are available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
• Phone: Call 800-822-INDY or 317-492-6700 between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
• In Person: Visit the IMS Ticket Office in the IMS Administration Building located at 4790 West 16th Street, Indianapolis, IN, which is just east of the roundabout at Crawfordsville Road and 16th Street, between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
Tickets for groups of 20 or more also are available. Contact the IMS Group Sales Department at 866-221-8775 for more information.
Information on parking and camping at IMS events is available at www.ims.com/tickets.
Latest posts by RacingNation Crew (see all)
- New The Race of Gentlemen Exhibit At Harley-Davidson Museum - April 27, 2017
- Fans Can Enjoy IMS Museum for Free during INDYCAR Grand Prix Weekend - April 26, 2017
- Shea Holbrook Ambitious 2017 PWC Effort - April 24, 2017
- Two-time F1 Champion Alonso To Compete In 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 12, 2017
- New Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves For 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 10, 2017