- Mash The Gas: Richmond Preview
- Thirty Days ‘Til Sunday
- IndyCar Phoenix Preview
- New The Race of Gentlemen Exhibit At Harley-Davidson Museum
- Fans Can Enjoy IMS Museum for Free during INDYCAR Grand Prix Weekend
- Shea Holbrook Ambitious 2017 PWC Effort
- Letter To Fernando
- Mash The Gas: Bristol Preview
- IndyCar Barber Motorsports Park Preview
- New York, New York… Autos Galore And More
Lincoln And Jacksonville Host POWRi’s Final 2014 Weekend
- Updated: September 26, 2014
MILLSTADT, IL – After six intense months of action packed events, the POWRi Lucas Oil National Midget Series and the POWRi Speedway Motors 600cc Outlaw Micro Series will take part in one final weekend of racing for the 2014 season. The midgets will visit Lincoln Speedway on Friday, October 10th followed by the finale event at Jacksonville Speedway, where the micros will also end their season, on Saturday, October 11th.
Both the Lincoln, Illinois and Jacksonville, Illinois tracks have previously hosted POWRi events this year. Tanner Thorson, Chett Gehrke, and Bryan Clauson have taken home feature wins at Lincoln Speedway in the midgets while Aaron Andruskevitch and Jeremy Camp have claimed victory lane in the micros. At Jacksonville Speedway, Christopher Bell found victory in the midgets while Joe B. Miller was the winner in the micros.
Even with two races left this year, the 2013 POWRi Lucas Oil Midget Champion Zach Daum has repeated his success and already clinched the 2014 points championship. Current second place driver, Darren Hagen, stands 715 points behind Daum. Hagen will not be able to pass for first in the points race, as the maximum possible number of points to accumulate over two races is 400. In addition, while it is possible for current third place driver, Andrew Felker, to pass Hagen for second place in points, Hagen has a comfortable 380 point lead over Felker. However, the points race is much closer rounding out the top five. Felker, Tyler Thomas, and Christopher Bell are all within 55 points of each other going into the final weekend of the 2014 season.
While the 2014 midget champion has already been decided, the micro points race is still very much on. 2013 POWRi Speedway Motors 600cc Outlaw Micro Champion Nathan Benson leads Aaron Andruskevitch by only 165 points. Current third place driver, Jeremy Camp, trails Andruskevitch by a mere 5 points. The micro points race will make for an exciting end to the 2014 season, as it will all come down to the very last checkered flag.
Current 2014 POWRi Lucas Oil National Midget Point Standings (Top 10): 1. Zach Daum (4130) 2. Darren Hagen (3415) 3. Andrew Felker (3035) 4. Tyler Thomas (2970) 5. Christopher Bell (2930) 6. Tanner Thorson (2650) 7. Parker Price-Miller (2580) 8. Austin Brown (2525) 9. Daniel Robinson (2420) 10. Jake Blackhurst (2305)
Current 2014 POWRi Speedway Motors 600cc Outlaw Micro Point Standings (Top 10): 1. Nathan Benson (2380) 2. Aaron Andruskevitch (2215) 3. Jeremy Camp (2210) 4. Joe B. Miller (1970) 5. Joey Wirth (1690) 6. Jason Harms (1595) 7. Kyle Schuett (1415) 8. Jake Neuman (1370) 9. Matt Ponder (1320) 10. Dereck King (1040)
For more information, go to www.powri.com.
Latest posts by RacingNation Crew (see all)
- New The Race of Gentlemen Exhibit At Harley-Davidson Museum - April 27, 2017
- Fans Can Enjoy IMS Museum for Free during INDYCAR Grand Prix Weekend - April 26, 2017
- Shea Holbrook Ambitious 2017 PWC Effort - April 24, 2017
- Two-time F1 Champion Alonso To Compete In 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 12, 2017
- New Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves For 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 10, 2017