- AMS Resurfacing Project Put On Hold
- Formula E – Leading The Way For Electric Racing
- After String Of Seconds, Kyle Larson Captures Victory In Fontana
- Mash The Gas: California Preview
- Stewart, Schatz And Larson Go Dirt Racing
- Wayne Taylor Racing Tops 12 Hours of Sebring
- Andretti Still At Home Behind The Wheel
- Rebellion Returns, On Pole At Sebring
- Sebring Photo Album
- Mash The Gas: Phoenix Preview
Indianapolis 500 & Month of May Tickets On Sale
- Updated: November 28, 2016
Alexander Rossi celebrates in victory lane at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. [Andy Clary Photo]
101st Indianapolis 500 and 2017 Month of May tickets on sale now
- Tickets for the 101st Running and the entire Month of May are on sale now.
- Renewals for Race Day (May 28) have been very strong, so buy the view you want while it’s still available.
- IMS is expanding its family-friendly ticket options, now offering kids 15 and under free General Admission to all IMS racing events with a paid adult ticket.
INDIANAPOLIS, Monday, Nov. 28, 2016 — Tickets for the 101st Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil are on sale today, along with the entire 2017 Month of May schedule. Fans who have not already pre-ordered tickets can visit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway ticket office or IMS.com to purchase their seats for an action-packed schedule that also includes the IndyCar Grand Prix, Indy 500 practice and qualification days, concerts and so much more.
“Many fans jumped at the chance to renew their tickets after this year’s historic race, with reserved seat purchases already trending notably higher than several previous years,” said Indianapolis Motor Speedway President Doug Boles. “The 101st Running is going to be a spectacle worthy of the world’s largest single-day sporting event and we can’t wait to see an enthusiastic crowd celebrate more history and thrills at IMS. Our renewal demand was high, so if you haven’t purchased your ticket yet, now is the right time to get the view you want.”
IMS has long been a family-friendly facility, offering free General Admission to all racing events for children 12 and under when accompanied by a paid adult. Starting this year, IMS will extend this offer to kids up to 15 years old, and will also introduce new grandstand family packages for several 2017 events.
The Month of May’s first event, the IndyCar Grand Prix, is a great way to test-drive these exciting new opportunities while watching reigning Verizon IndyCar Series champion and Team Penske driver Simon Pagenaud defend his 2016 victory on the 14-turn, 2.439-mile IMS road course.
“The IndyCar Grand Prix is a really fantastic family event and a great way to introduce your kids to racing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway,” Boles said. “It offers an up-close-and-personal view of the drivers and one of my favorite Month of May moments: the chance to walk on the most famous racetrack in the world after the race.”
From there, the riveting countdown to “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing” moves forward with the first Indy 500 practice taking place on Monday, May 15. Indy 500 qualifications begin on Saturday, May 20, with Pole Day on Sunday, May 21. Miller Lite Carb Day and Legends Day presented by Firestone will again provide thrills for both music and racing fans on Friday, May 26, and Saturday, May 27.
The epic 101st edition of the world’s most iconic race will take place on Sunday, May 28. Reigning champion Alexander Rossi of Andretti Autosport will return to defend his crown against both newcomers and previous winners for another hard-earned spot on the Borg-Warner Trophy.
“There’s no place like the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Memorial Day Weekend,” said Rossi. “I can’t wait to come back this May and race in the 101st Running of the Indy 500. Everyone in our series dreams about winning this race and I know we’ll put on a great show for our fans.”
Tickets are now on sale for the entire Month of May. Fans have three quick, convenient methods to buy tickets:
Online: Visit www.ims.com/tickets. Tickets are available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Phone: Call 800-822-INDY or 317-492-6700 between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
In Person: Visit the IMS Ticket Office at the IMS Administration Building east of the 16th Street roundabout and outside Turn 1 of the oval between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
Latest posts by RacingNation Crew (see all)
- AMS Resurfacing Project Put On Hold - March 28, 2017
- After String Of Seconds, Kyle Larson Captures Victory In Fontana - March 26, 2017
- Stewart, Schatz And Larson Go Dirt Racing - March 20, 2017
- Andretti Still At Home Behind The Wheel - March 18, 2017
- Motorsports Minute: Chase Elliott - March 15, 2017