- AMS Resurfacing Project Put On Hold
- Formula E – Leading The Way For Electric Racing
- After String Of Seconds, Kyle Larson Captures Victory In Fontana
- Mash The Gas: California Preview
- Stewart, Schatz And Larson Go Dirt Racing
- Wayne Taylor Racing Tops 12 Hours of Sebring
- Andretti Still At Home Behind The Wheel
- Rebellion Returns, On Pole At Sebring
- Sebring Photo Album
- Mash The Gas: Phoenix Preview
Edwards On Pole At Road America
- Updated: August 8, 2014
John Edwards will start Round 9 of the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge at Road America from the pole. [Mark Walczak Photo]
Elkhart Lake, WI – John Edwards paced the field during qualifying for Round 9 of the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge at Road America.
Edwards in the Fall Line Motorsports BMW M3 paced the 4.048 mile natural road course in 2 minutes 22.59 seconds for an average speed of 102.201 mph. Point leader in the Grand Sport division, Edwards co-driver Trent Hindman looks to increase his 15 point lead in the standings with the top qualifying spot. Andrew Davis, the runner-up in the standings will roll off the grid in fifth for Saturday’s race.
In the Street Tuner division, Remo Ruscitti will start up front in his Porsche Cayman after his quick lap of 2 minutes 31.178 seconds. Point leader Eric Foss will start twenty-sixth on Saturday in his Porsche Cayman. The Hart Honda Civic Si team cars driven by Chad Gilsinger/Michael Valiante and Kevin Boehm/Peter Cunningham will start second and third in the ST division.
21 Grand Sport and 29 Street Tuner cars set times during the qualifying session.
The 2.5 hour Round 9 of the Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge is scheduled to see the green flag wave on Saturday, August 9th at 1:15pm ET.
Latest posts by John Wiedemann (see all)
- Mash The Gas – Daytona Preview - February 25, 2017
- Action Express Cadillacs Earn Front-Row Starts For Rolex 24 - January 27, 2017
- Thoughts - August 8, 2016
- 1-2 Finish Again For Action Express At Road America - August 7, 2016
- New Track Record For Bomarito At Road America - August 6, 2016