- Stewart, Schatz And Larson Go Dirt Racing
- Wayne Taylor Racing Tops 12 Hours of Sebring
- Andretti Still At Home Behind The Wheel
- Rebellion Returns, On Pole At Sebring
- Sebring Photo Album
- Mash The Gas: Phoenix Preview
- Corvette’s Gavin Previews Mobil 1 12 Hours Of Sebring
- Sebring Preview
- Fast Eddie On The Road
- Will NASCAR Add Another Road Race to its Schedule?
Book Review: “The Milwaukee Mile” by Brenda Magee
- Updated: December 7, 2015
“The Milwaukee Mile has a story to tell, one that is too important to lose.”
That is the final line in the foreword by Michael Andretti for historian Brenda Magee’s book “The Milwaukee Mile“.
Throughout the 128 page book, Magee tells the story of the legendary oval which was built initially as a private venue for harness racing in the late 1800’s. Full of images, to numerous to count, starting with the first automobile race at the track on September 11th, 1903, the book illustrates the growth of the sport and the changes to the Milwaukee Mile track throughout over a century of history.
Magee, a Milwaukeean who admittedly did not have a vast knowledge of motorsports, is a historian who was intrigued by The Milwaukee Mile and desired to tell the story of a 130 year old venue. Her research and passion in the topic are evident as she covers such a great lifespan with the aide of numerous photographers, drivers and motorsports enthusiasts who have shared their experiences, all of which encompass this book.
Any fan of motorsports should have “The Milwaukee Mile” in their collection. Just browsing the images and captions alone is a treat and education in the events and happenings at the oldest operating motor speedway in the world.
The Milwaukee Mile
Author: Brenda Magee
Foreword by: Michael Andretti
Format: Softcover, 128 Pages
Product Dimensions: 6.40(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.40(d)
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing SC
Publication date: 08/03/2015
Series: Images of Sports Series
To purchase this book, click the following link: Milwaukee Mile, The (Images of Sports)
Latest posts by RacingNation Crew (see all)
- Stewart, Schatz And Larson Go Dirt Racing - March 20, 2017
- Andretti Still At Home Behind The Wheel - March 18, 2017
- Motorsports Minute: Chase Elliott - March 15, 2017
- Corvette’s Gavin Previews Mobil 1 12 Hours Of Sebring - March 15, 2017
- Parente Opens PWC GT Title Defense With Victory At St. Petersburg - March 11, 2017