- Mash The Gas: Richmond Preview
- Thirty Days ‘Til Sunday
- IndyCar Phoenix Preview
- New The Race of Gentlemen Exhibit At Harley-Davidson Museum
- Fans Can Enjoy IMS Museum for Free during INDYCAR Grand Prix Weekend
- Shea Holbrook Ambitious 2017 PWC Effort
- Letter To Fernando
- Mash The Gas: Bristol Preview
- IndyCar Barber Motorsports Park Preview
- New York, New York… Autos Galore And More
Bart Hartman Wins World 100 At Eldora
- Updated: September 12, 2009
Second generation driver, Bart Hartman of Zanesville, Ohio won the World 100 title in dominating fashion, winning the one of the biggest dirt late-model races Saturday, Sept. 12.
Hartman, son of five-time USAC Stock Car champion, Butch, started outside the second row and eventually taking the lead on lap 20 and never looked back. Hartman won the 100-lap race and was rarely challenged. Interestingly, it was Hartman’s first World 100 appearance since 2000.
The previous week, Hartman and his No. 75 Dirt Late Model team had a busy Labor Day holiday weekend, as they entered a pair of Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series races at the Portsmouth Raceway Park in Portsmouth, Ohio and the Tyler County Speedway in Middlebourne, West Virginia. On Saturday, September 5 at Portsmouth, Bart won his heat race and later started from the pole position in the $10,000 to win main event. In front of the SPEED Channel cameras in the A-Main, Bart raced all over the top five before finishing in the sixth position.
At Tyler County on Sunday, Bart once again won his heat race to earn the third starting spot in the $41,000 to win ‘Hillbilly 100.’ During the course of the 100-lap feature event, which started on Sunday night and finished on Monday afternoon due to Mother Nature, the Zanesville, Ohio native suffered problems that led to a nineteenth place effort. You can view complete results from the doubleheader weekend by accessing www.lucasdirt.com.
Latest posts by RacingNation Crew (see all)
- New The Race of Gentlemen Exhibit At Harley-Davidson Museum - April 27, 2017
- Fans Can Enjoy IMS Museum for Free during INDYCAR Grand Prix Weekend - April 26, 2017
- Shea Holbrook Ambitious 2017 PWC Effort - April 24, 2017
- Two-time F1 Champion Alonso To Compete In 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 12, 2017
- New Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves For 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 10, 2017