- Letter To Fernando
- Mash The Gas: Bristol Preview
- IndyCar Barber Motorsports Park Preview
- New York, New York… Autos Galore And More
- Fernando Alonso Set To Drive In Indy 500
- Legend Race Cars: Meeting the Need for Inexpensive Racing
- Two-time F1 Champion Alonso To Compete In 101st Indianapolis 500
- New Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves For 101st Indianapolis 500
- Long Beach With Fast Eddie
- Camaro SS Festival Cars Roll into Indy
ARCA Midwest Tour Announces the 2016 Schedule
- Updated: December 14, 2015
by Kari Shear-Carlson
Dec 8, 2015-The ARCA Midwest Tour presented by Scag Power Equipment is excited to announce the 2016 series schedule. The 2016 season will again return to the best short tracks in the Midwest presenting some of the best racing in the country.
Many of the historic events that drivers and fans have come to know and love will highlight the schedule. The Stars and Cars of the ARCA Midwest Tour will kick off the official 2016 season with the 8th Annual Joe Shear Classic at Madison International Speedway on Sunday, May 1st.
The series will return to tracks such as State Park Speedway for the Cabin Fever 100, and Illiana Motor Speedway for the Chicagoland Showdown. It will be a combined event with the ARCA/CRA Super Series, highlighted by the fan-friendly Triple 50 lap feature format.
Next up will be a return to Rockford Speedway on Saturday, June 11th, for the famed All-Star 100, followed by an event yet to be announced. On Friday, July 15th, the Stars and Cars head to Grundy County Speedway for the historic Wayne Carter Classic.
After a brief, mid-summer break, it’s the return of the Potawatomi Dixieland 250 at Wisconsin International Raceway on Tuesday, August 2nd.
Dells Raceway Park, and Elko Speedway will also return to the circuit. The 2016 season will come to a close with the 47th Annual Oktoberfest on October 8th and 9th.
“We had a fantastic 2015 with many memorable battles for the win. All of us our looking forward to showcasing the top Super Late Model drivers in the Midwest at the area’s premier facilities,” said Gregg McKarns.
2016 ARCA Midwest Tour Presented by SCAG Power Equipment
Tentative Schedule* (as of 12/4/15)
Saturday 16-Apr / 7-Up Twin 100’s with ARCA/CRA Super Series (Non ARCAMT Points) / Toledo Speedway Toledo, OH 100
Sunday 1-May / Joe Shear Classic presented by SCAG / Madison International Speedway Oregon, WI 100
Saturday 14-May / Cabin Fever 100 / State Park Speedway Wausau, WI 100
Sunday 29-May / Calypso Lemonade Chicagoland Showdown 150 with ARCA/CRA Super Series / Illiana Motor Speedway Schereville, IN Triple 50
Saturday 11-Jun / Kar Korner All-Star 100 / Rockford Speedway Loves Park, IL 100
Saturday 25-Jun / Event to be Announced
Friday 15-Jul / Wayne Carter Classic / Grundy County Speedway Morris, IL 100
Tuesday 2-Aug / Potawatomi Dixieland 250 / Wisconsin International Raceway Kaukauna, WI 250
Friday 12-Aug / Event to be Announced
Saturday 3-Sep / Bill Meiller Memorial 101 presented by Assembly Products / Dells Raceway Park Wisconsin Dells, WI 101
Saturday 24-Sep / Thunderstruck 93 / Elko Speedway Elko, MN 125
Sat/Sun Oct 8-9 / Oktoberfest Race Weekend / LaCrosse Fairgrounds Speedway West Salem, WI 200
*schedule subject to change
(Two additional events to be announced)
Be sure to follow the ARCA Midwest Tour on Facebook (midwesttour) and Twitter (@midwesttour).
Latest posts by RacingNation Crew (see all)
- Two-time F1 Champion Alonso To Compete In 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 12, 2017
- New Team Harding Racing Enters Chaves For 101st Indianapolis 500 - April 10, 2017
- So-Cal Calling – The 2017 Toyota Grand Prix Of Long Beach - April 5, 2017
- Victorious – How Kurt Busch Won The 2017 Daytona 500 - April 5, 2017
- Pirelli World Challenge – Long Beach Preview - April 5, 2017